13 Jan 2021
January 13, 2021Take Home Points
- Nausea and Vomiting has an exceedingly large differential - don’t just anchor on GI presentations
- H&P important - Duration, frequency, content, and associated symptoms
- Alcohol swab -> If no line and want quick treatment give swab
- Ondansetron -> oral you can give without hesitation but if giving IV check QTC / electrolytes and give slowly
- Droperidol / Haloperidol -> Works really well, QTc prolongation has been overhyped and dont give to parkinsons patient.