In this 20-minute presentation from Rebellion in EM 2021, Dr. J Scott Wieters, MD discusses the evidence for and against the use of tranexamic acid for hemorrhage alleviation in gastrointestinal bleeding by doing a critical appraisal of the HALT-IT trial.
Scott Wieters, MD
Emergency Medicine Faculty
Temple Campus Dean
Texas A&M College of Medicine/Baylor Scott & White EM
- Understand clinical pharmacology of TXA
- Describe background research in TXA use
- Perform critical appraisal of HALT-IT trial
- Apply EBM to patients with acute GI bleeding
Clinical Question: Does IV TXA reduce 5d mortality for adult patients with GIB?
For More Thoughts on This Topic Checkout:
Post Peer Reviewed By: Salim R. Rezaie, MD (Twitter: @srrezaie)
Latest posts by Salim Rezaie (see all)
- Awake Proning for COVID-19 Acute Hypoxemic Respiratory Failure - September 23, 2021
- Rebellion21: Ketamine vs Etomidate for RSI via Rob J. Bryant, MD - September 22, 2021
- It’s All About Risk: BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination vs Natural Infection - September 20, 2021