12 Jun 2019
June 12, 2019
- There is a resurgence of measles worldwide
- Incubation period is 10 – 14 days and patients are contagious 4 days before rash develops and up to 5 days after
- Suspect measles in any patient with an acute febrile illness who is either un- or undervaccinated
- Know about Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) schedules and isolation times of various populations
- Healthcare workers should wear N95 masks while taking care of patients with suspected measles, and report cases to their local health department.