In this lecture from Rebellion in EM 2021, Dr. Rob Bryant, MD reviews the recent literature suggesting the possibility of using antibiotics as an alternative to hospital admission and surgery for acute appendicitis.
Rob J. Bryant, MD
Emergency Medicine Faculty
Utah Emergency Physicians
- Describe the pros and cons of antibiotics as a non-surgical option in the management of appendicitis
- Describe crisis standards of care options for non-surgical management of appendicitis during a pandemic.
Post Peer Reviewed By: Salim R. Rezaie, MD (Twitter: @srrezaie)
Latest posts by Salim Rezaie (see all)
- The DisCoVeRy Trial: Remdesivir in COVID-19 – An Expensive Version of Tamiflu? - October 18, 2021
- Rebellion 21: Clap Back – Gonorrhea and Chlamydia Updates via Jenny Beck-Esmay, MD - October 16, 2021
- Rebellion21: Kidneys and Contrast - October 14, 2021