- Infuse factor first, investigate later
- Treat when bleeding is suspected, not confirmed. Have a low threshold!
- It is better to over treat than undertreat. Give full dose when in doubt
- Factor 8 = 50U/kg
- Factor 9 = 100 U/kg
- Beware of hidden bleeds (brain, retroperitoneal, deep muscles)
- If patient has inhibitors, or no factor available you may use
- Activated PCC (FEIBA) = 80 -100U/kg
- Recombinant factor 7a = 90 mcg/kg
REBEL Core Cast 62.0 – Hemophilia
Cite this article as: Anand Swaminathan, "REBEL Core Cast 62.0 – Hemophilia", REBEL EM blog, July 28, 2021. Available at: https://rebelem.com/rebel-core-cast-62-0-hemophilia/.
The following two tabs change content below.
Clinical Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at St. Joe's Regional Medical Center (Paterson, NJ)
REBEL EM Associate Editor and Author