January 13, 2021
REBEL Core Cast 47.0 Nausea and Vomiting
- Nausea and Vomiting has an exceedingly large differential – don’t just anchor on GI presentations
- H&P important – Duration, frequency, content, and associated symptoms
- Alcohol swab -> If no line and want quick treatment give swab
- Ondansetron -> oral you can give without hesitation but if giving IV check QTC / electrolytes and give slowly
- Droperidol / Haloperidol -> Works really well, QTc prolongation has been overhyped and dont give to parkinsons patient.
REBEL Core Cast 47.0 – Nausea and Vomiting
Post Peer Reviewed By: Salim R. Rezaie, MD (Twitter: @srrezaie)
Shownotes Created By: Miguel Reyes, MD (Twitter: @miguel_reyesMD)
Cite this article as: Anand Swaminathan, "REBEL Core Cast 47.0 Nausea and Vomiting", REBEL EM blog, January 13, 2021. Available at: https://rebelem.com/rebel-core-cast-47-0-nausea-and-vomiting/.
The following two tabs change content below.
Clinical Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at St. Joe's Regional Medical Center (Paterson, NJ)
REBEL EM Associate Editor and Author
Latest posts by Anand Swaminathan (see all)
- REBEL Core Cast 47.0 Nausea and Vomiting - January 13, 2021
- No Evidence that REGN-COV2 (Regeneron) Antibody Cocktail Has Clinical Benefits - January 2, 2021
- REBEL Core Cast 46.0 – Resuscitative Hysterotomy - December 16, 2020