October 15, 2016
Das SMACC: Registration and Ticket Releases
For those of us who have been lucky enough to attend one of the first four SMACC conferences, I think we would agree that this is one of the highest quality, academic meetings in the world. One of the main reasons for this is the enormous and inspiring energy of the critical care community itself. A community that crosses traditional hierarchies, professional barriers and international borders. This is a community dedicated to innovation, teaching and learning. A community based around the pursuit of excellence in patient care, and a passion for sharing this as widely as possible. Well, the Social Media and Critical Care Conference (SMACC) is back with its 5th iteration of the conference in Berlin, June 26th – 29th, 2017.
What Makes SMACC Different?
To begin with, the affiliated websites supporting SMACC represent a comprehensive list of the “who’s who” in the FOAM world. The talented clinicians behind these websites have come together and harnessed their innovation, vitality and expertise to create the SMACC experience. The strong social media connections inherent to SMACC result in an ongoing, online conversation, which in turn, empowers the delegate and enhances their experience. SMACC is focused on being a conference truly for the delegates. Delegates have a say in every aspect of the meeting, including the speakers chosen, program topics, themes and styling, social events, and the questions asked in sessions. This level of delegate interaction with the conference is unparalleled in critical care.
There have also been many positive lessons learned from the FOAM world, which have now been translated into the SMACC Conference. Lessons on how to engage, inspire and make critical care education enjoyable. The talks are kept short (15-20 minutes), the topics carefully picked, the speakers handpicked based on their talents of education and inspiration. Of course, all the sessions are recorded and released at a later time in a FREE series – creating more great FOAM!
But SMACC isn’t just about the academic presentations. SMACC is an experience. The opening ceremony, the themes of the exhibition hall and welcome events, the teas and lunches provided in the breaks and the massive Gala night, all of which are included in the one registration price, are designed to bring the group together and enhance the feeling of belonging to one critical care community.
The Das SMACC Ticket Release
Delegate numbers are capped at approximately 2000 registrations again this year as the conference organizers believe this is the best size to maintain a FOAM community atmosphere. Here is the basics of how registration will work:
Registration will open on Wednesday, 26th October at 0800 Sydney EST
There will be 3 separate ticket releases:
- The major release will be as above on Wednesday, October 26th, 2016
- A smaller second allocation will be released on Wednesday, December 7th, 2016
- And a final limited release will occur on Wednesday, February 1st, 2017
- Your best chance will be with the first release, but if you really need to wait until you have leave confirmed then you can chance your hand on the February release
- All prior delegates will receive an email reminder the week before tickets go on sale, but there is no other preference
- Owing to the limited number of spots there will be no DAY ONLY registrations issued
- Workshop registration also opens on Wednesday, 26th October and like last year will be on a first come first serve basis
- If you miss out on a ticket there will be a waiting list
- If you miss your preferred workshop there will also be a waiting list
Registration & More Info HERE
Latest posts by Salim Rezaie (see all)
- FLORALI-2: Non-Invasive Ventilation (NIV) vs High-Flow Nasal Cannula (HFNC) as Pre-Oxygenation Prior to Intubation - April 15, 2019
- Tramadol or Tramadont - April 8, 2019
- Contrast Induced Nephropathy: A Modern-Day Medical Myth - April 4, 2019