November 5, 2019
REBEL EM/EEM 2020 Fellowship Competition
APPLY NOW: REBEL EM’s 2020 Infographic Competition for Essentials of Emergency Medicine Education Fellowship Program
The Essentials of Emergency Medicine (EEM) conference is in May 2020, but the opportunities to attend start NOW. This conference is one of the largest live EM educational conferences in the world with over 2,000 attendees. The conference organizers, led by Dr. Paul Jhun, are again offering an amazing opportunity for EM residents anywhere in the world to serve as an EEM Fellow for the next EEM conference May 21 – 23, 2020.
EEM Education Fellowship
EEM is offering REBEL EM a mini-fellowship position to eligible residents anywhere in the world. Those selected to participate will receive:
- FREE conference registration
- FREE 4-night hotel stay at the Hilton Union Square, San Francisco, CA
- A travel stipend of US $500
As part of the EEM staff, fellows will get a rare opportunity to experience the behind-the-scenes work associated with developing and producing one of the world’s largest and best EM educational conferences. Fellow responsibilities will include online chat moderation, social media management, CME preparation, research projects, and more. A common theme voiced by previous EEM fellows has been the opportunity to interact directly with and develop meaningful relationships with the renowned, fun, and master clinician-educators in the EEM faculty.
Quotes from the 2019 EEM Fellows:
“This fellowship was more than just a chance to attend and work at a phenomenal educational conference. It gave me the opportunity to meet and work alongside other amazing residents and faculty that I don’t think I would have crossed paths with this early in my career otherwise. What this fellowship really played out to be though was an invaluable networking opportunity with giants in the field of Emergency Medicine. I established mentors, I curated friendships and most importantly, changed my mindset of what medical education has to look like in the absolute best way possible. Not only would I work this conference again and again, I will be in attendance for it every year I can be. Paul and his team changed the game of what traditional ‘continuing medical education’ has to look like and it was a privilege to sit front row to witness and learn from it.” -Michelle Romeo, MD
“Without a doubt, the most fun you’ll have at a conference, ever. EEM is what all conferences should be- high-yield, exciting, fun, pinpoint educational pearls with a one-of-a-kind ambiance of comradery, fellowship, and shared experience… Essentials is truly something very special. It is hard to explain to my friends how exciting, educational, AND entertaining this conference is! I returned to my work with a renewed love for my specialty, my patients, and my colleagues. See you next year!” –Tim Montrief, MD, MPH
From EEM 2019
REBEL EM’s contest involves creating an infographic about a myth in Emergency Medicine. An important element of the design should be ease of sharing through social media to increase the reach and exposure of the educational content. The piece should be creative, demonstrate visual impact in communication of your topic, showcase your educational prowess, and teach us something about a topic you are passionate about!
All applicants must be in good standing at an accredited Emergency Medicine program in the United States, or in good academic standing at any Emergency Medicine residency program in the world, and be available to attend all 3 days of the conference in San Francisco (May 21 – 23, 2020). Applicants should complete a brief online application and upload material through the online forms below. The application process is open now.
A panel of REBEL EM associate editors and EEM conference organizers will vote on the submissions and pick a winner.
Your infographic submission will be judged on:
- Relevance: How relevant is this submission to EM education and/or clinical practice?
- Innovation: How creative and innovative is this submission?
- Design: How well is the information presented?
- Reach: How shareable is the design through social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook)?
- Content: How well did this candidate present the material with respect to clarity, conciseness, accuracy, references?
***All designs must be original and self created (i.e. no subcontracting out work to graphic designers)
- Deadline for submissions: January 15, 2020 at 11:59 pm PST
- Fellowship winner announcement: January 31, 2020
Questions? Email us.
Ready to Submit Your Application?
- Your post-graduate year of training
- Your EM residency program name, program director’s name, and his/her email
- Your email address
- Your design file (some acceptable file formats include MP4, PDF, JPG, TIFF, GIF, DOC)
Latest posts by Salim Rezaie (see all)
- Post Contrast Acute Kidney Injury (PC-AKI): We Don’t Need Another Retrospective Observational Study - January 16, 2020
- The CURASMUR Trial: Roc Rocks & Sux Sucks? - January 9, 2020
- REBEL Cast Ep73: Are Peripheral Vasopressors Safe? - January 2, 2020