Take Home Points
- Many patients with renal colic require a CT scan.
- Diagnostic imaging should focus on eliminating concerning mimics; not on clinching the diagnosis of renal colic.
- POCUS and radiology department US are important modalities in evaluation of renal colic.
REBEL Core Cast 101.0 – Imaging in Renal Colic
- Moore CL et al. Imaging in suspected renal colic: systematic review of the literature and multispeciality consensus. Ann Emerg Med 2019; 74: 391-9. PMID: 31412438
- Corependium: Renal Stone Disease
- REBEL EM: Kidney Stone Tag
- Post Created By: Anand Swaminathan MD, MPH
- Post Peer Reviewed By: Salim R. Rezaie, MD (Twitter: @srrezaie)
Cite this article as: Anand Swaminathan, "REBEL Core Cast 101.0 – Imaging in Renal Colic", REBEL EM blog, May 10, 2023. Available at: https://rebelem.com/rebel-core-cast-101-0-imaging-in-renal-colic/.