Rebellion in EM
May 11th – 13th, 2018
San Antonio, TX
Venue: Pearl Stable
Creating a Conference from a Blog
REBEL EM has been committed to critical appraisal of current research with application at the bedside to improve patient care. The constant influx of new published research makes it difficult to stay current with the latest and greatest. It seemed to make sense to introduce the Rebellion in EM conference which will tackle current research as well as dispel common myths and misperceptions in clinical care.
What Prompted it:
My 8 – 9 years as a faculty physician have all been in San Antonio, TX. In that time, there has been only a handful of national level conferences in the area (I can literally count them on one hand). This is unfortunate as there are 11 emergency medicine programs in the state and lots of rural areas with community practice providers. This was a real opportunity to establish something that would occur annually and continue to improve medical education, as well as increase networking and unite many of the residency programs in the state.
How Did it Take Place:
The hardest part in doing this is securing funding and getting support. Luckily, I work for a great group called Greater San Antonio Emergency Physicians (GSEP), which is a democratic community group. I pitched the idea to the board, who felt this was an amazing opportunity to do something amazing and the rest as they say is history.
Educational Design of a Conference:
- Shorter Lectures (25 minutes)
- Lectures With No Bullet Points
- Clinical Application of Recent Literature (i.e. How does this impact my practice or should it?)
- Mixing of Health Professions (RN, MD, DO, PharmD, EMT/Paramedic, etc…)
- Placing Caps on Number of Registrations to Allow More Networking
- Use of Twitter to Interact with the Audience as well as those not able to make the conference
What is the Cost for This Conference:
- $100: EKG and Ultrasound Workshops
- $200: Any Health Care Provider Who Has Not Completed Residency or Fellowship in EM
- $400: All MD and DO Providers Who Have Completed Residency or Fellowship in EM
Will CME/CEs Be Offered:
- The answer is YES. 19 hrs of AMA PRA Category 1 CME will be offered. For our RN colleagues, we have not forgotten about you, 19 hrs of CE will also be offered.
How Do I Register:
Go to www.rebellioninem.com
Here Are the Flyers to Share at Work
Post Peer Reviewed By: Anand Swaminathan (Twitter: @EMSwami)
Latest posts by Salim Rezaie (see all)
- Bougie 1st Intubation in the ED? - April 19, 2018
- The SIRS & qSOFA Confusion in Sepsis - April 16, 2018
- REBEL Cast Ep 48: Octreotide and Somatostatin for Undifferentiated Upper Gastrointestinal Bleed - April 13, 2018