For those who haven’t checked out the site already R.E.B.E.L. EM stands for Rational Evidence Based Evaluation of Literature in Emergency Medicine. (Ed: name changed 2/2016) The blog was launched in October 2013, and continues to grow every month, and with that growth we are excited to announce the introduction of REBEL Cast.
REBEL Cast Introductory Podcast
Who will be involved in this podcast?
I am lucky enough to be joined by two great physicians in emergency medicine on this podcast:
Matt Astin MD, MPH
Emergency Medicine/Internal Medicine Trained
Mercer University School of Medicine
Anand Swaminathan, MD, MPH
Assistant Residency Director of Emergency Medicine
New York, NY
There will also be guest appearances from several of the faculty at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA) Department of Emergency Medicine.
What will the breakdown of the podcast be?
The podcast will follow a very straightforward format from episode to episode, with evaluation of several papers per month in the following manner:
- Setting of the clinical stage with a clinical question or a hypothetical case
- Discussion of research going through some of the pertinent results and limitations
- Evaluation of each paper will end with our clinical take home points and how this should affect your practice
This will not be a long, in-depth review of the design, methods, and statistical analysis of research, but rather brief reviews of what you need to know to deliver the best possible care to your patients.
How can you get papers to us for evaluation?
Essentially, there are three ways to get us articles to review:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to the REBEL Cast Page and drop us a line
- Hit us up on twitter at: @srrezaie, @mastinmd, and/or @EMSwami
Introduction of REBEL Cast Show Notes
Latest posts by Salim Rezaie (see all)
- The PESIT Trial: Do All Patients with 1st Time Syncope Need a Pulmonary Embolism Workup? - October 24, 2016
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Conference 2016 - October 20, 2016
- Das SMACC: Registration and Ticket Releases - October 15, 2016